3 Reasons the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is both Parent and Kid Friendly
The Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is a minivan, so it’s a popular option for families with lots of kids and those who commute or travel frequently. But it’s much more than you might expect from other vehicles in this class. Here are some of the features of the 2017 Pacifica Hybrid that parents will like — and some that the kids will enjoy too.
“Efficiency” and “minivan” haven’t always been synonymous, but the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid proves that it can be done. This is the first hybrid minivan in America, offering a driving range of 566 miles, a fuel economy of 84 miles per gallon equivalent on the highway, and a total electric driving range of 33 miles. Federal, state, and city tax credits may also apply to your purchase of the Pacifica Hybrid.
Chrysler’s Uconnect Theater and Other Entertainment Technologies
The Uconnect Theater is part of the optional Uconnect System. Version 8.4 comes standard on the 2017 Pacifica Hybrid. The Uconnect Theater, which is not compatible with Apple devices, adds dual 10.1-inch touch screens to the back of the driver and passenger seats. The Uconnect System includes a few built-in games and apps, but passengers can also connect their compatible devices and use the screens to stream movies or games. The following features are also included with this system:
- Sensor-assisted GPS navigation
- An available rear-view camera
- An available 3G Wi-Fi hotspot
- SiriusXM Traffic (five-year trial)
- SiriusXM Travel Link (five-year trial)
A wireless charging pad can be added as an interior option when you’re building your Pacifica Hybrid. This custom-fit charging tray ensures that you can keep phones and tablets charged on long trips while still using their Bluetooth functionality — a major plus for kids and their parents.
Comprehensive Safety Features
Entertainment features will keep young passengers happy, and the suite of safety technologies will give drivers peace of mind. The 2017 Pacifica has received the highest safety rating of all minivans and is a 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick+. The Pacifica includes a range of standard features and options, such as:
- An available 360-degree surround view camera: A system of four cameras gives drivers a birds-eye view of the minivan, confirming that the area around is clear before backing up or parking.
- Available full-speed forward collision warning: This technology audibly and visually warns drivers of approaching obstacles. If no action is taking to avoid the hazard, the Pacifica’s automated emergency braking system will slow the vehicle.
- Available parking assistance: Chrysler’s ParkSense automated parking technology is a major perk for drivers who need help backing up or parallel parking. This system will alert you (providing visual and audible cues) if you’re about to back into something. It will even apply the brakes automatically to help prevent a collision.
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is an excellent option for parents and their kids. Take the family to see one of these vehicles at a local dealership – everyone will have something good to say about this minivan.
Image via www.chrysler.com